.NET Developer in a Linux world

Friday, April 07, 2006

Nexxia in action

I've been meaning to do this for a week or so but just haven't been able to find the time. It's a grind at work lately but I decided to make time.

I've recorded a screen capture video of Nexxia Messenger's current build running on a week old build of Mono. Basically just displays System.Windows.Forms on Linux in general usage of Nexxia such as logging in, the UI, chatting etc.

Hoping to display some of the VoIP UI next time. I'm really looking for feedback of the main window and phone plugin as I'm finding the UI pretty crowded. But I would imagine 99% of the time the phone plugin would be minimized.

If anyone would like me to convert this video to another format please let me know. Also any comments/ideas would be great!

Video (Windows Media 9)
Video (Flash Player)

2 Comments:

  • The flash video requires the latest flash player which is version 8.

    If you are using version 7 you get the progress move but no video. Seems like its loading but its actually playing but does not work in version 7. You need 8.

    I will re-encode the WMV version in WMV9.

    By Blogger Simon, at 1:30 PM  

  • Mplayer seems to play the wmv one just fine.. Try:

    mplayer -vc wmsdmod <URL>

    Just make sure you have wmsdmod.dll in /usr/lib/win32/, or get it from here if not.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home